Pages

My latest "Pinter-ations!"

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Behaviour, Behaviour, Behaviour!!!!


This is me today if I could really take my picture today!!! The FCAT schedule is really torturing me and my class!!! We have special area first thing in the morning, then 100 minutes of Language Arts, lunch, then the rest of the afternoon hunkered down in our rooms= No Bueno!!!

Now I do pride myself on being an effective teacher in classroom management. I always joked that as the token Asian teacher I am well versed in Kung-Fu (total joke) but man!!!! even I am tired and tried at the end of the day. 

Our primary units use the behaviour system of Promise Bands.


They are simply a hair tie with Oh-So-Much meaning. Every day kids choose 3 bands to put on their wrists. The kiddos will work to gain as many promise bands as they can at the end of the day and they are so proud to walk away a big number. Now some teachers are more giving about it than others but that is their prerogative  You can give promise bands for anything (following directions, being on task, answering questions when you hear crickets to that all important question you asked..whatever) but can also take for transgressions just as easily. I like them because they are immediate feedback for great behaviour but also a great for consequences. It is a good visual for kids. 

Here is a copy of the letter we sent home to parents if you are interested:


Hope this helps some of you as we move forward onto the last few weeks and it serves as a reminder to myself....

Follow my blog (if you haven't already) if you AGREE!!!!! LOL!!!

PEACE!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment